This is a prototype, and many models will be refined so much.
I wish to share with you a new video I made regarding the scenario and lights:
I just finished to pack and deploy a new “works in progress” game”! You can download it at the usual place (see “Chapter 2: Invade the Invaders!” on top-menu).
- Improved the algorithm to generate the scenario. Currently I still use some random generated SEEDS, but in future, using configuration file (see below) you will be able to set a specific seed (and you will be able to play to specific scenario!).
- Now there is a configuration file to configure some game functionalities (every item is self-explanatory):
- Mouse horizontal/vertical sensitivity
- Ambient light color (you can change ambient light color and intensity)
- Models and textures are improved, and are more realistic.
- The player now is 2mt, and the general feedback (move-speed, jump, etc…) is improved.
- Minor bug-fix.
Some times the scenario takes some time to be generated… don’t worry, wait for some seconds and it will be there!
Here some screenshots:
UPDATE: I forgot to mention some things:
1) If you press ESC then the scenario will be regenerated (new scenario and new SEED)
2) If you press SHIFT then you RUN (else you walk).
Wow, it’s late, it’s about 00:36 (and I’m tired, I need to go to bed, I need to sleep!).
But… even if my bed is waiting for me, I need to do one thing more: no! Two things!
A new game version is out! You can download it using the page <Chapter 2: Invade the Invaders!> (see above).
1) The new scenario contains some platforms: they are like “markers” for enemy bases. In the next release you will see some alien procedurally generated buildings there!
2) I completely rewritten the algorithm used to generate the scenario. Now you have a big asteroid (dimensions are random!) with several “roads” created using big rocks. It means you can find enemy bases walking over these rocks but, be careful, or you could fall down in the infinite space!!
3) Day/night sun cycle was eliminated. In fact now the light for the scenario is supplied from several crazy energy rays, in different colors. The final effect is really nice!
4) Now the game is a real 3D game. I abandoned 2D like, side-scrolling like, etc… Now you are in a FPS game in a fully 3D environment, inside the space.
5) A background (sky) with a beautiful giant supernova was added, and I like the final effect!
Here some screenshots of this new version:
thanks to everyone who sent me suggestions about this game version (draft version).
Based on those comments I changed the light system: I eliminated the “sun” (day/night cycle) and introduced “meteor illumination system”. See the pictures below (one picture is better than 1000 words!):
As you can see, some rocks will appear and run near the terrain: in this way they randomly illuminate the scenario!
Rocks change their speed and color, so they always create new nice visual effects!