Wow, it’s late, it’s about 00:36 (and I’m tired, I need to go to bed, I need to sleep!).
But… even if my bed is waiting for me, I need to do one thing more: no! Two things!
A new game version is out! You can download it using the page <Chapter 2: Invade the Invaders!> (see above).
1) The new scenario contains some platforms: they are like “markers” for enemy bases. In the next release you will see some alien procedurally generated buildings there!
2) I completely rewritten the algorithm used to generate the scenario. Now you have a big asteroid (dimensions are random!) with several “roads” created using big rocks. It means you can find enemy bases walking over these rocks but, be careful, or you could fall down in the infinite space!!
3) Day/night sun cycle was eliminated. In fact now the light for the scenario is supplied from several crazy energy rays, in different colors. The final effect is really nice!
4) Now the game is a real 3D game. I abandoned 2D like, side-scrolling like, etc… Now you are in a FPS game in a fully 3D environment, inside the space.
5) A background (sky) with a beautiful giant supernova was added, and I like the final effect!
Here some screenshots of this new version: